The Bottom Line
- Effective in removing oily stains.
- Can be used to make homemade laundry deterent.
- Available online.
- Sometimes difficult to find on store shelves.
- Laundry Bar Soap for stain removal.
- Product has been available for more than 100 years.
- Can be used as an ingredient in homemade laundry detergent.
Guide Review - Fels Naptha Laundry Soap - Laundry Product Review
Fels-Naptha is a product that has graced laundry rooms for more than 100 years. With an interesting history in the Fels family, the laundry soap bar is now produced by Dial (Henkel). You can usually find it with laundry products. It is not recommended for use on skin.
The original formula contained napthalene, a benzene petroleum-based solvent. Today's formula contains no napthalene. The label listed the ingredients as: cleaners, soil & stain removers, chelating agents, colorants, perfume. A more comprehensive list is available on the Fels-Naptha website:
Fels-Naptha is most effective on oil-based stains like make-up, chocolate and body soil. You use by wetting the stained area, rubbing it with the bar of soap, allow the stain to sit for one minute or more and then wash as usual.
I have used Fels-Naptha to remove oily stains and it still works today. It is not effective on every type of stain but can find a spot in your laundry room.
Specific questions? Just ask here.