The Bottom Line
- No petroleum-based fabric softeners.
- Packaging includes directions in Spanish.
- Packaging contains 35% post consumer content.
- Highly perfumed and may cause problems for those with allergies.
- Can not be used on children's sleepwear or any flame resistant fabrics.
- Contains no petroleum-based products.
- Performs well in reducing static cling.
- Comes in three fragrances - Mountain Rain, Emerald Mist and Lavender & Linen.
- Costs between two and three cents per dryer load.
Guide Review - Arm and Hammer Essentials Dryer Sheets - Laundry Guide Product Review
Church & Dwight, Inc.'s, producer of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda since 1846, venture into the laundry detergent business has been quite successful. One of their latest cleaning lines is Essentials. Essentials products are eco-friendly containing no petroleum-based products. The cleaning or softening power comes from 100% naturally derived surfactants and biodegradable plant-based products.
I tested Essentials Dryer Sheets - Mountain Rain. The product contains no petroleum-based softeners and performs well. The clothes came out of the dryer with no static cling. The product was highly scented with essential oils - a bit too much for me. However, Essentials also offers Emerald Mist and Lavender & Linen.
As with any dryer sheet, the product comes with a warning to not use the dryer sheets on children's sleepwear or other garments labeled as flame resistant. The residue left by dryer sheets reduces flame resistance. The package also includes instructions on how to remove spots caused by the dryer sheets - wet the spot and rub with bar soap and rewash.
With a retail price around $3.00 and a sheet count of 144, each dryer load will cost between two and three cents.
Specific questions? Just ask here.