The Bottom Line
Arm & Hammer Plus OxiClean is a high-performing laundry detergent.
- Performs well on heavily soiled clothes.
- Performs well in removing stains with no added products.
- Pleasant, clean odor.
- Contains baking soda.
- Measuring cap difficult to read.
- Packaging does not include recycled materials.
- High-performing laundry detergent with the boost of an oxygen-based bleach.
- Contains biodegradable surfactants, enzymes and baking soda.
- 64 fluid ounces = 36 normal laundry loads.
- Labeling and instructions offered in English and Spanish.
- Not formulated for high efficiency washers.
Guide Review - Arm and Hammer Plus OxiClean Laundry Detergent - Laundry Product Review
Church & Dwight, Inc.'s, producer of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda since 1846, venture into the laundry detergent business has been quite successful. Baking soda is a known detergent booster - helping detergents perform more efficiently - and they put it to good use.
In 2006, Church & Dwight acquired Orange Glo International, the parent company of OxiClean. The addition of this oxygen-based bleach to Arm & Hammer detergent helps remove stains and acts as a whitener and brightener which is safe for all washable fabrics.
Arm & Hammer Plus OxiClean performs well on heavily soiled laundry and is gentle on delicate fabrics. I feel it performs well in cold, warm and hot water. The detergent has a clean, fresh smell.
My only complaint is that measuring lines in the cap are impossible to see and I must be careful to not add too much.
Specific questions? Just ask here.
Be a part of the Laundry Community
- Sign Up for the FREE Weekly Newsletter
- Visit the Laundry Forum
- Surf Mary’s Laundry Blog
- Follow Mary's Laundry Tips on Facebook
- Follow @AboutLaundry on Twitter.
Disclosure: Review samples were provided by the manufacturer. For more information, please see our Ethics Policy.