The Bottom Line
- A U.S. EPA Design for the Environment Detergent
- Performs well
- Packaging contains at least 25% post consumer content
- Not suitable for HE washers
- Endorsed by the U.S. EPA Design for the Environment program as an environmentally save product.
- Cleans laundry well.
- Environmentally friendly packaging.
- Hypoallergenic and free of dyes.
Guide Review - Natural Elements Purex Laundry Detergent - Laundry Product Review
Purex Laundry Detergent, manufactured by The Dial Corporation, has added a new Natural Elements product line. Recommended by the U.S. EPA Design for the Environment program, the detergent contains 100 percent natural cleaning ingredients. It is hypoallergenic and free from dyes and 2x concentrated to reduce package size.
Most importantly, it cleans your clothing. I tried the Linen and Lilies fragrance. Our clothing came out clean and smelling fresh - not too overpowering. I used cold water for the load and saw no reduction in cleaning power.
I was particularly pleased with the packaging. The bottle contains over 25 percent post consumer plastic content. It is, of course, recyclable. And, the lid is made of a relatively clear blue plastic and I can actually see the measuring lines.
The bottle also contains a contact phone number and Web address to help with any questions. Purex is often on sale and offers good coupons on their site.
Specific questions? Just ask here.