The Bottom Line
- HE compatible
- Safe for all washable fabrics
- Container is made from post-consumer recycled paper
- Difficult to find locally
- Shipping costs from online purchase adds to price
- Biodegradable and environmentally friendly.
- HE compatible.
- Works beautifully on all types of fabrics to whiten and brighten.
- Difficult to find locally. Available online.
Guide Review - Country Save Oxygen-Powered Bleach - Laundry Guide Review
The Country Save products come from a small company based in the Pacific Northwest. Founded by the inventor of Elmer's Glue, the company offers environmentally friendly detergents and laundry products.
I found their oxygen-powered bleach to be an excellent product. It worked well on all types of fabrics leaving them stain-free and bright. I followed their suggestion of allowing clothes to soak about 30 minutes in the bleach solution before adding detergent and washing on the normal cycle.
The bleach is highly concentrated and can be safely used in front-loading or high efficiency washers with equally great results.
Priced at $5.99 for 40 ounces, it is a good bargain with each use costing around 29 cents per load for a top loader and 14 cents for a front load machine. However, when you add the shipping costs prices begin to soar and even surpass leading brand names.
Shipping costs do get lower per box if you buy more than one product at a time. So, purchase in bulk or combine your order with a neighbor to get the best value.
Specific questions? Just ask here.