The Bottom Line
- Less expensive than many laundry detergents
- Removes normal soil and leaves laundry smelling fresh.
- Cannot be used in high-efficiency washers.
- Comes in plastic bag and is prone to spills.
- Does not remove heavy or set-in stains.
- Powdered laundry detergent manufactured in Mexico.
- Less expensive than many laundry detergents.
- Leaves clothes smelling fresh and removes normal soil.
Guide Review - Roma Laundry Detergent - About.com Laundry Product Review
Roma Laundry Detergent is manufactured by Fábrica de Jabón la Corona, a Mexican company that produces household cleaning products and edible cooking oils. Along with Roma, they export laundry detergents Foca and Blanca Nieves in liquid and powder formulas and Zote Laundry Bars and Laundry Flakes to the U.S.
Roma laundry detergent is phosphate-free and comes in a powdered formula. Listed ingredients are:
Roma is a basic laundry detergent and is less expensive than many other brands. It does produce a significant amount of suds and I would not recommend it for a high-efficiency (he) washer. It comes packaged in a 1.1, 2.2 or 4.4 pound plastic bag. For ease of use, I suggest transferring the powder to a lidded container or you're sure to have a spill. Available in Latin groceries and stores and online.
I used Roma in a standard washer and found that it did clean normal soil from our laundry. Heavy stains required pretreatment for removal. Our clothes were soft and smelled fresh.
Specific questions? Just ask here.