The Bottom Line
- Effectively removes soil and stains from clothes.
- Packaging contains 25 percent post-consumer recycled plastic.
- Laundry cap markings are impossible to read.
- Well-performing laundry detergent containing three stain-removing enzymes.
- Works well in hot or cold water cycles.
- Formulated for either standard or high-efficiency (he) washers.
Guide Review - Purex Complete with Zout - Laundry Product Review
Purex Complete with Zout is the latest detergent offering from Henkel. Zout is the brand's enzyme-based stain removal product that tackles stains on clothes. By adding the power of Zout to their detergent, Purex Complete with Zout becomes a more effective stain removing laundry detergent.
The product is offered in two scents, Fresh Morning Burst and Free & Clear. For this review, I tested the Fresh Morning Burst. The scent is light and clean smelling. When tested in both cold and hot water cycles, our clothing came out free of soil and daily stains. I did use a bit of the detergent directly on an oily stain that was several days old. I worked it in as any pretreater and let it work for about five minutes before washing as usual. The stain was gone.
The detergent is formulated for standard or high efficiency (he) washers. It is also safe for septic tanks. The bottle is made from 25 percent or more post-consumer recycled plastic and can by recycled. The cap is marked for regular and large loads; although not very clearly at all. I would suggest using a permanent marker to enhance those lines. Without doing so, you will probably use more detergent than you need.
Specific questions? Just ask here.