The Bottom Line
- Effectively removes normal soil and stains from laundry
- Can be used as a stain pretreater
- Less expensive than many brands of laundry detergent
- Product is not widely available in all areas
- Packing is not labeled for recycling
- Liquid laundry detergent manufactured in Mexico
- Comes in regular and 3X formulas
- Less expensive than many detergents
Guide Review - Foca Liquid Laundry Detergent - About.com Laundry Product Review
Foca Liquid Laundry Detergent is made by Fábrica de Jabón la Corona, a Mexican company that produces household cleaning products.
Foca laundry detergent is phosphate-free and comes in a regular and 3X Ultra formula as well as powdered form. Listed ingredients are:
Foca 3X Liquid (Foca means seal in Spanish - check out the package graphics) is the only Jabon detergent recommended for use in high-efficiency (he) machines. The 3X formula produces less suds making it safe for front-loading machines. Foca is also effective because it has an added enzyme action that helps remove stains.
Foca 3X and regular Foca liquid come in 33.81 fl.oz. bottles which, unfortunately, are not marked with the recycling symbol. I don't know what type of plastic is used for the container. They can be found in some mass merchandisers, Latin grocery stores and online.
I found both formulas to be effective in removing normal soil and stains. They are much easier to use than the powdered formula. I used a bit of the liquid as a stain pretreater and was very pleased to see a greasy stain removed.
Specific questions? Just ask here.