The Bottom Line
NOTE:The advertising for Purex Complete Crystals has been challenged. The product offers no softening power - just added scent. (June 2012) The product is now called Purex Crystals.
- Innovative scent enhancer formula that can be added at the beginning of the wash cycle.
- Can be used in any type of washer
- Comes in a variety of scents
- 92 percent natural ingredients.
- Bottle does not contain post-consumer recycled plastic.
- Innovative scent enhancer that can be added at the beginning of the wash cycle.
- Product can be used in any type of washer.
- Simple to use, variety of scents.
Guide Review - Purex Crystals - About.com Laundry Product Review
Purex Crystals was first offered as an in-wash fabric softener. However, those claims were challenged and the company admitted that there are no softening properties. Purex Crysals are simply an in-wash fragrance enhancer. Softener is a 92 percent natural product in a crystal form that go in at the start of the wash with the detergent. The crystals are added directly into the wash drum at the beginning of the wash.
I tested the Lavender Blossom and Fresh Spring Waters scents. There is also a Tropical Splash available. Ingredients are listed as:
The formula looks like lightly colored, sparkling crystals. They pour out into a transparent plastic lid that makes seeing the measuring lines wonderfully easy to see. Lines are marked for medium, large and extra large loads. The product is safe for high-efficiency washers and regular washers.
The fragrance is long-lasting; I used it with a non-scented detergent.
Purex is manufactured by Henkel. Purex Crystals are made in Mexico.
Specific questions? Just ask here.
Be a part of the Laundry Community