Green Your Laundry Routine
- Ways to Green Your Laundry
- Line Dry Laundry
- Green Laundry Appliances & Repurposing Laundry Equipment
- Green Detergents, Stain Removers and Other Products
Ways to Green Your Laundry
Save the Earth's resources by greening your laundry routine.
- 10 Ways to Save Energy in the Laundry Room
- Why Use a High-Efficiency Washer?
- 8 Green Tips for the Laundromat
- 9 Ways to Make Your Wardrobe Green and Reduce Laundry Loads
- Use Baking Soda to Remove Stains, Brighten, Soften
- Use Vinegar to Remove Stains, Brighten, Soften
- Make Your Own Laundry Detergent and Products at Home
- Use Natural Products for Stain Removal
Line Dry Laundry
Mother Nature provides the least expensive clothes drying, freshening and whitening source available - the Sun. Learn how to use it effectively and share your opinions about clotheslines. Many communities have banned clotheslines because they are "unattractive". Tell us what you think.
- 10 Reasons to Line Dry Laundry
- How to Hang Clothes on a Clothesline
- How to Select an Outdoor Clothesline
- How to Choose a Clothesline for the Laundry Room
- How to Select a Drying Rack
- Your Opinion: Clotheslines - Eyesore or Laundry Freedom?
- Show Your Clothesline Pride
Green Laundry Appliances & Repurposing Laundry Equipment
Selecting Energy Star approved appliances will protect the environment by using less electricity and/or water and save you money. You can also reduce your impact by reusing and repurposing laundry equipment.
- Before You Buy a Washer - Think Green
- Before You Buy a Clothes Dryer - Think Green
- Natural Gas or Electric Dryer? Which is Best for the Environment?
- 10 Creative Ways to Use Detergent and Bleach Bottles
- 12 Creative Ways to Use Wire Hangers
- How to Reuse Dryer Lint
Green Detergents, Stain Removers and Other Products
Green laundry detergents and other products are becoming more prominent on store shelves. "Green" claims vary from brand to brand. Look carefully at ingredients before buying. A helpful symbol is the U.S. EPA Design for the Environment seal. These products have demonstrated excellence in manufacturing, packaging and shipping.
- How to Select Green or Eco-Friendly HE Detergents
- EPA Recommended Green Laundry Detergents
- How to Make Your Own Fabric Dye from Plants
- 5 Green Laundry Alternatives for Chlorine Bleach