- Turn off the water leading into the washer. Be sure that both the hot and cold water are completely shut.
- Set the washer to warm wash and turn it on for 30 seconds to allow the water in the hoses to drain into the washer tub. Move the setting to spin to allow the water to drain out of the machine. Turn off the washer.
- Unplug the electrical cord. Secure the cord to the back of the machine using duct tape.
- Unhook the drain hose from the drain pipe and secure it to the back of the washer with duct tape.
- Remove the water hoses from their waterline connections and from the back of the washer. Store the lines inside the tub of the washer during transport.
- Carefully slide the washer onto the dolly and center it for equal weight distribution. Secure the washer with bungee cords or ropes for extra support especially if moving up or down stairs.
Specific questions? Just ask here.
What You Need
- Moving Dolly
- Bungee Cords or Rope
- Duct Tape