1. Home

Mary Marlowe Leverette

Where's Wisk Detergent?

By July 24, 2009

I wish I could tell you. Since my blog post on May 31 about Wisk 2x Ultra HE., I have been getting e-mails from southern Louisiana to Mesa, Arizona asking where to find Wisk. You can purchase Wisk online but I know that you want to find it locally. So, I've been trying to help.

I've spoken to Wisk HE's public relations agency. They were very nice but have no responsibility over distribution. Then, I put in a call to the customer relations line at Sun Products Corp. - Wisk's manufacturer. Unfortunately, they never returned my phone call.

So, faithful readers, I've drafted a letter to Neil P. DeFeo, CEO of Sun Products Corp. I promise to let you know what I discover. If you want to contact him, here's the address and phone number: Sun Products Corporate Office, 60 Danbury Road, Wilton, CT 06897, 203-254-6700.

I'll let you know if and when I get some answers for you!

(Photo by MML)

Comments

July 28, 2009 at 3:39 pm
(1) william says:

Well if you are waiting on a n answer don’t hold your breath. Sun products (Huish), can’t manage to get product to the correct warhouse they own, much less try to figure out how to get product to a real customer. Just the other day I saw a truckload of product that was bounced around the country wind back up where it started. We can’t ship this brand quick enough yet we got the entire shippment back with the original pack slip still atached to the rear pallet just an updated BOL. Neil Defeo has got a real bunch of winners suporting him. Less then a year from now I would imagine this company being in chapter 11

July 29, 2009 at 8:28 am
(2) lance mungai says:

how do u remove gum marks on ur clothes?

July 29, 2009 at 10:03 am
(3) laundry says:

Lance, Removing gum is not too hard. Follow these steps and let us know how it works! Good luck!

July 29, 2009 at 4:55 pm
(4) Roadrunner says:

What do you mean? What is a BOM? Is Wisk not going to be made anymore?

July 31, 2009 at 11:07 am
(5) laundry says:

Here is Wisk’s answer!

August 25, 2009 at 9:56 pm
(6) Joey Mc Ginnis says:

Helllllloooo where is my Wisk detergent?????
I have gone to all of the major stores and they tell me they no longer handle Wisk detergent. Why after all these years of using this product I can not find it anywhere. I live in Covington, La. and have ask others and looked everywhere with no success. Please email me and let me know when OUR WISK is coming back on the shelves. Thanks

August 26, 2009 at 9:20 am
(7) laundry says:

Contact Wisk customer service at WiskUSA@sunproductscorp.com or 1-800-ASK-WISK. They will be able to tell you what stores in your area carry the product. Good luck!

September 2, 2009 at 3:16 pm
(8) Bob Weisman says:

It seems obvious that Sun Products wants to rid itself of WISK. The company makes it hard to buy,does very little advertising for the product. They want you to buy ALL,instead.When you contact them about your concerns,all you get is double talk. Not a good way to run a business,eh?

September 10, 2009 at 10:33 am
(9) Cj says:

OMG, I was looking for information on the missing detergent. I hope they aren’t going out of business. It’s one of the very few detergents I’m not allergic to.

September 11, 2009 at 9:23 am
(10) laundry says:

CJ, I don’t see Sun Products going out of business! I’m planning a meeting with the folks from Wisk early in October. I’ll let you know what I discover. It is still available online from Amazon.

September 15, 2009 at 2:17 pm
(11) Tami says:

Wisk is the only detergent I’m not allergic to! For the past two weeks, we’ve been mixing Wisk with another brand (that’s supposedly hypoallergenic), but am still breaking out into a rash on my legs. :( It is no where to be found and we are now out of it!

Does anyone know of something easy on the skin for sensitive folks that I can use until I can get my hands on more Wisk?

September 16, 2009 at 10:02 am
(12) heatherK says:

@Bob Weisman: Is Sun Products the original manufacturer of Wisk? Or was the original manufacturer sold to Sun Products? I’m just trying to understand why a company would want to drop a long-time, popular product.

October 2, 2009 at 7:07 pm
(13) PG says:

I am like several of you. I have used Wisk all my life and when I tried to switch to something else I broke out. I guess I am going to use Amazon to buy it going forward, but it is crazy that they’d just stop making it. Worries me a bit. Anyone use anything else?

PG

October 9, 2009 at 5:51 pm
(14) laundry says:

PG, I hope you’ll take time to read my latest post about Wisk. It isn’t going anywhere and you will find a tip on how to bring it to your area.

October 9, 2009 at 10:01 am
(15) Elton says:

I discovered the power of Wisk doing laundry, by hand in cold water, as a soldier in the desert of Saudi Arabia. It works best. My wife breaks out in a rash from others. I hate ordering laundry detergent off the internet but I’ve searched every major store in my area.

October 9, 2009 at 5:54 pm
(16) laundry says:

Elton, First, thank you for your service to our country. Anyone who does that and his own laundry deserves our respect! I hope you’ll take time to read my latest post about Wisk. I had the opportunity to speak with Wisk’s product manager and learned some ways you can help bring Wisk back to your local shelves. Good luck!

October 17, 2009 at 7:56 am
(17) Ben says:

I live in Hampton, Virginia and now cannot find Wisk. I asked Wal Mart about it and they said they don’t carry it anymore. I went to a Farm Fresh grocery store (localchain) and they only carry limited amounts of the original clean regular strength and said they are depleting the stock of it. What is going on? I’m so sad about this!

October 18, 2009 at 11:11 am
(18) laundry says:

Ben, to be sure your voice is heard contact Wisk customer service at WiskUSA@sunproductscorp.com or 1-800-ASK-WISK. The more they hear from loyal users, the better!

October 24, 2009 at 12:10 am
(19) joyce says:

I too, have been serching for Wisk. I finally ran out, something I never allowed to happen. It is better than oxyclean in getting out my stains. Always has and always will, if we can still get it. I was amazed that I couldn’t find it at any store. I will do what ever I have to do to get it. I have used it since I was a little girl and so has my mom. I look forward to getting it any way I have to. It’s the best!!!! Thanks for the tips. This was my last resort and should have been one of my first.

May 5, 2010 at 4:11 pm
(20) Joann says:

I am unhappy not be able to find Wisk, the best laundry product ever.

May 13, 2010 at 11:33 pm
(21) dja says:

I am also very fond of Wisk detergent. Found this product listed on the CVS/Pharmacy site (formally Long’s Drugs. Will look for it the next time I am in the store. Hopeful in California!

July 10, 2010 at 3:35 pm
(22) John E. Bredehoft says:

A big thank you to dja! We were in a Wal-Mart this morning in an unsuccessful attempt to find Wisk. My wife asked me to search on my not-so-smart phone, and I happened upon this page. We drove over to the CVS at Foothill & Euclid in Upland, California, and found Wisk detergent (both the 2X Ultra HE and another kind). I’m not sure about availability in other parts of the country, or even at other CVS stores, but at least it appears that it IS possible to find Wisk in a store.

August 28, 2010 at 1:35 pm
(23) Noreen says:

I love Wisk as well. It looks like it is being discontinued at my local CVS. The Wisk HE was on clearance today when I went to the store. I hope this is not true for the entire chain. Stop and Shop also carries Wisk but I think it is only the 2X one. I really like to stick with HE laundry detergent to reduce the amount of plastic being thrown away. Even though I recycle, I’m sure lots of it still gets thrown in landfills.

October 7, 2010 at 2:26 pm
(24) Patricia Moore says:

Mary, have you learned anything new about Wisk’s availability? In my area of SouthEastern Michigan, I find that Hiller’s Market, a local (SE Mich) business, carries all of it, but the big chains still do not. I love that the water softener in Wisk is sodium citrate, and not a carbonate as in every other brand I’ve checked.

October 7, 2010 at 3:29 pm
(25) laundry says:

I just sent an SOS to Wisk to get more distribution information. I’ll be in touch as soon as I hear something!

October 7, 2010 at 4:05 pm
(26) laundry says:

This from Wisk: “Wisk is available nationwide at retailers such as Target, Walmart and Kroger. If your reader wants to look up specific products in her market she can check out this product locator on our site: http://wisk.com/productlocator. “

January 25, 2011 at 12:49 pm
(27) gloria says:

I’m a Canadian and can’t find Wisk detergent anywhere!
does anyone know of a retailer in Canada who still has it on shelves ?

thanx so muc

January 25, 2011 at 1:18 pm
(28) laundry says:

Here is the Wisk product finder page. I hope that will help. If not, contact them by e-mail on their site. Good luck!

February 28, 2011 at 10:17 pm
(29) Jason Jennings says:

I have used Windfresh From Sams it does not leave and scent in my clothes I have used Sonlight cheer tide Gain Purex Oxydol Oxydol is back out on the Market At DOllar General we have wisk at our local supermarket Dollar General and Family Dollar I like the Clean Breeze Tide. most of the time I do not buy tide unless it is on sale or can get a big bottle for a smaller price 64 load or 11.97 at Walmart this week I had to buy HE but I’ll us eit just probably will not suds even though made for HE washers but just as long as it works is all I care

September 16, 2011 at 11:56 pm
(30) Michelle says:

I live in Washington (the state, not DC) and I’m leaving for college so my mom bought me some Whisk. We got it from Fred Meyers… but Idk if they have Fred Meyers back east… Its worth looking for :)

September 16, 2011 at 11:58 pm
(31) Michelle says:

I’m from Washington (the state, not DC) and I just got some the other day from Fred Meyers. I dont know if they have Fred Meyers back east, but I hope this helps.

November 9, 2011 at 10:33 am
(32) Sara says:

Whisk has disappeared from our Sam’s Club and from most of our stores. It is the only detergent we use. When will they have the distribution figured out?

It was NEVER a problem before this.

December 13, 2011 at 11:36 pm
(33) Kat says:

I found Wisk at Dollar General. Lots of it. On sale for $4!

January 7, 2012 at 11:12 pm
(34) Sherry says:

I live in Toronto Canada and CAN’T find Wisk anywhere to buy???

January 8, 2012 at 12:03 pm
(35) laundry says:

Sherry, Here is the Customer Service Line for Wisk in Canada: 800-275-9475

This is the contact information for Sun Products Canada (makers of Wisk):

Sun Products Canada
The Sun Products Corporation
3250 Bloor Street West, Suite 1100
Sun Life Financial Centre, East Tower
Toronto, ON M8X 2X9
647-258-2700

Tell them About.com Laundry sent you! Good luck!

March 4, 2012 at 12:53 pm
(36) Sherry says:

I too have used Wisk my whole life and cannot find it in No. Virginia except for the new HE. This does not work well in my regular Maytag machine. It is thick and goopy even after adding water. I need the orginal Wisk which Comsumer Reports said is the best detergent on the market–just can’t find it! Thanks for all the tips.

December 31, 2013 at 12:59 am
(37) Floyd Prah says:

I have been using tide for the last ten years. Though a good product. If I don’t pre- soak, it don’t get coffee stains out of my whites. So I went on line to see what else was out there. As I don’t like using bleach and consumers buyers rates whisk #1. For both price and clothes cleaning detergent. But can’t find it in Canada. Why? With having a great product good enough to be #1 in consumers buyer. You would think it would be in every shelf in North America from Alaska, Northwest territories, right down to new Mexico coast to coast.

December 31, 2013 at 2:25 pm
(38) laundry says:

I have forwarded your question to the manufacturer of Wisk – Sun Products. I do know that you can <a href=”http://about.pricegrabber.com/mrdr.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fabout.pricegrabber.com%2Fsearch.php%3Fform_keyword%3DWisk&mode=about_laundry”>order Wisk online</a>. I’ll be back in touch!

January 3, 2014 at 7:17 am
(39) laundry says:

Here is the reply from Sun Products, makers of Wisk: Happy New Year! Unfortunately, Wisk is not sold in brick and mortar in Canada. We only have distribution in US and Puerto Rico. But you were correct in directing the consumer to online resources. You can purchase online through walmart.com and amazon.com.